Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Poem - How Have I Judged You

Pat Clark shared with us this poem that she wrote. Thank you so much, Pat, for being willing to be so vulnerable and for sharing this part of your journey with us.

How Have I Judged You?

 Let Me Count the Ways:


I saw your sin but not the person within.

I saw your shame and said you were to blame.

I saw the pain in your face but didn’t take

      the time to listen or embrace.

I saw your joy but felt my envy instead.

I listened to the gossip but didn’t’ go to the source.

I heard of your need but held onto my greed.

I used the literal word of God to keep you

       in your place instead of offering

         God’s mercy and His grace.

But worst of all I saw only your difference,

      made many assumptions and

          failed to get to know YOU!

Will you and God please forgive me?


Pat Clark, October 23, 2013


James 2:13 (ESV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Thoughts & Conversations Welcome Here...