Monday, March 10, 2014

To be Blessed

I ran across this article in the Huffington Post, and it reminded me of Sara's studies on Blessing, which we have already related to Joy. We've been wrestling with what Joy looks like in the midst of hardship, struggle, and messiness. This article addresses what Blessing looks like, apart from material goods. And, to be honest, I've struggled with adding those material goods to my list of "gifts." I mean, I truly think they're gifts, and yet, it seems so unfair when others have so much less. Check it out:

The One Thing Christians Should Stop Saying

A quick quote from the article:
My blessing is this. I know a God who gives hope to the hopeless. I know a God who loves the unlovable. I know a God who comforts the sorrowful. And I know a God who has planted this same power within me. Within all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Thoughts & Conversations Welcome Here...